1. BINDING EFFECT
3. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Kenya, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Kenya in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the Website.
4. TERMS OF SALE
Access to certain materials, video and other course content on the Services is made available for purchase (“Premium Services”). Your payment for any access to any Premium Services is subject to the following terms:
5. USE OF SOFTWARE
- a) Price; Payment Plans. The price for any Premium Services will be made available via the Services at time of purchase. You may pay for access to the Premium Services in full at the time of your purchase or pursuant to any installment payment plan that we make available.
- b) Installment Payment Plans. If you select an installment payment plan, you hereby grant Africa's Pocket permission to automatically charge the applicable Premium Services fee to your designated payment method at the beginning of each applicable payment period until all payments have been completed. If you select an installment payment plan, you agree to keep your designated payment method information, including all billing information, current, complete and accurate.
- c) Valid Payment Methods. Only valid payment methods acceptable to us, or our designated payment processors, may be used to purchase access to our Premium Services. By submitting your order to purchase access to our Premium Services, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use your designated payment method and authorize us, or our designated payment processors, to charge your purchase to that method. If your payment method cannot be verified or is invalid, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically. You must resolve any problem we, or our designated payment processors, encounter in order to proceed with your order.
- d) Refunds. Please consult our refund policy at https://www.africaspocket.com/terms-and-conditions (“Refund Policy”) for information regarding any refunds that may be available for any Premium Services. To be eligible for a refund, you must make a refund request through our customer service team (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the applicable time period set forth in the Refund Policy.
- e) No Cancellations. Other than in connection with our Refund Policy, all sales are final and we do not offer any refunds or cancellations. If you select an installment payment plan, you will be obligated to complete all installment payments.
- f) Failure to Pay A failure to pay an installment payment related to any of the Services may result in the immediate suspension or termination of all Services. Upon suspension or termination, you will no longer be able to access your account and any Services. To maintain access to your account and all corresponding Services, your account and payments must be current and in good standing for all programs and Services for which you have registered. Pursuant to our Refund Policy, if your account is suspended or terminated for a failure to pay, you will not receive any refund except at our sole discretion and any scheduled automatic renewals will not occur.
- g) Errors in Charges. In the event of an error that results in an incorrect charge, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise your order accordingly if necessary (including charging the correct price) or to cancel the order and refund any erroneous amount charged. In addition, we may, in lieu of a refund as provided in this paragraph, opt to provide you with a service credit, with a value equal to the amount charged to your payment method.
- h) Taxes. You are responsible for any applicable sales or use tax, duties, or other governmental taxes or fees payable in connection with your purchase. If you do not pay such sales or other tax or fee on a transaction, you will be responsible for such taxes or fees in the event that they are later determined to be payable on such sale, and Africa's Pocket reserves the right to collect such taxes or other fees from you at any time.
- i) Automatic Renewal Terms. Certain Services have ongoing subscriptions (“Subscriptions”). By enrolling in a Subscription program, you agree that a Subscription fee will be billed at the price you agreed to when subscribing to the payment you provide for the then-current Subscription period on a recurring basis until you cancel. If you do not wish for your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or cancel your Subscription, please email us at email@example.com. You must cancel within 30 days of subscription renewal/after your Subscription period begins to be eligible for a refund. If you cancel your Subscription within the specified 30 day period after your subscription period begins, your Subscription will be terminated immediately and you will no longer be able to access the Subscription Services. If you cancel your Subscription after the 30 day period specified above, you may use your Subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term and your Subscription will not be renewed thereafter. You won’t, however, be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current Subscription period.
- j) Access to Services. Upon payment in full for a program advertised as “lifetime access,” you will receive access to the program that you purchased for the duration of the time Africa’s Pocket operates the Site and your specific program, subject to these Terms. We reserve the right to discontinue programs and adjust the Site and programs at our sole discretion, so, where available, be sure to download any material you want to keep, since you’ll no longer have access to the membership area after access ends. For Subscription programs, you will only receive access to the Services during the term of your subscription, subject to the requirement to be in “good standing” with all other programs set forth in Section 4.f. above.
Africa's Pocket may make certain software/tools/materials available to you from the Website. If you download software/tools/materials from the Website, the software/tools/materials, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software/tools/materials, and acAfrica's Pocketing data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by the Africa's Pocket, for your personal, non-commercial, home use only. The Africa's Pocket does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and the Africa's Pocket retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form.
The Africa's Pocket logos, the look and feel of the Services, and any other product or service name, logo or slogan contained in the Services are trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress of Africa's Pocket or our suppliers or licensors and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written authorization of Africa's Pocket or the applicable trademark holder. Any authorized use of such trademarks, service marks and/or trade dress must be in accordance with any guidelines provided by Africa's Pocket.
The Website is intended only for users aged 13 or older. Individuals under the age of 13 are strictly prohibited from using the Website and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account. If you create an account via our Services, you agree to:
9. USER CONTENT
- (a) provide accurate, current and complete information;
- (b) maintain and promptly update your account information to keep it accurate, current and complete;
- (c) maintain the security of your account and accept all risks of unauthorized access to your account and the information you provide to us; and (d) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your account or the Services.
You grant Africa's Pocket a license to use the materials you post to the Website or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Website or Service, you are granting Africa's Pocket, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Africa's Pocket, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Africa's Pocket may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Website or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
10. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
You shall not make the following types of Content available. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that
11. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS
- (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening;
- (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; or
When accessing the Website or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Website is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
12. COPYRIGHT AND LIMITED LICENCE
Unless otherwise indicated, the Services, including all content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services, are the proprietary property of Africa's Pocket and its licensors and are protected by international copyright laws. Any use, copying, redistribution and/or publication of any part of the Services, other than as authorized by these Terms or expressly authorized in writing by us, is strictly prohibited. In addition, the look and feel of the Services, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the proprietary property of Africa's Pocket and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. You do not acquire any ownership rights to any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services, and we reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms.
You are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable right to access and use the Services solely for your own personal purposes; provided, however, that such license is subject to these Terms and does not include the right to:
13. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- (a) resell, lease, rent or sublicense any Services or any access to the Services or any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services;
- (b) copy, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Services or any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services;
- (c) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of any Services or any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services;
- (d) download (other than page caching) any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services, except as expressly permitted in connection with the Services; or
- (e) use the Services or any content, video and other materials on or made available via the Services other than for their intended purposes. Except as explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
Africa's Pocket has in place procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Website or with the Service. Use of the Website requires you to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) or the relevant intellectual property and copyright Treaties under the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), as is appropriate for your geography. Africa's Pocket has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Africa's Pocket’s sole discretion, users or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Africa's Pocket may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Services and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
14. ALLEGED VIOLATIONS
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided such link does not portray Africa's Pocket or the Services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking website does not contain any illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use a Africa's Pocket logo or other proprietary graphic of Africa's Pocket to link to the Site without the express written permission of Africa's Pocket. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Africa's Pocket trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found within the Services, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained within the Services, without Africa's Pocket’s express written consent. Except as expressly stated in these Terms, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any intellectual property right of Africa's Pocket or any third party.
16. NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES
These Terms are for the benefit of, and will be enforceable by, Africa's Pocket and you only. These Terms are not intended to confer any right or benefit on any third party or to create any obligations to any such third party.
17. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICES
Africa's Pocket reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or any features or portions thereof without prior notice. You agree that Africa's Pocket will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof.
Africa's Pocket reserves the right, without advance notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Services, and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Services.
19. NO WARRANTIES
Africa's Pocket hereby disclaims all warranties. Africa's Pocket is making the website available “as is” without warranty of any kind. the services are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal, financial or other professional advice or, unless otherwise expressly stated, as Africa's Pocket’s official position on any subject matter. The services should not be relied upon for purposes of transacting in securities or other investments. Africa's Pocket does not represent or warrant that
- (a) the services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free, or
- (b) the services or our server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components. you should use industry-recognized software to detect and disinfect viruses from any download from the services except as expressly provided to the contrary in a writing by Africa's Pocket, the services are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Africa's Pocket disclaims all statutory and implied warranties, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
you assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the website or the service.
20. LIMITED LIABILITY
Africa's Pocket’S liability to you is limited. to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall africa's pocket be liable for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits, or lost data, regardless of the foreseeability of those damages) arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or any other materials or services provided to you by africa's pocket. this limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
21. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION; NON-DISCLOSURE.
22. AFFILIATED WEBSITES
- a) You acknowledge that certain content, videos and other materials on or made available via the Services constitute the Confidential Information of Africa's Pocket. “Confidential Information” refers to certain information that is marked as “Confidential” or “Proprietary” that we reasonably regard as proprietary or confidential relating our courses, business, products, processes and techniques, including without limitation information relating to our trade secrets, business plans, strategies, methods and/or practices that is not generally known to the public and is disclosed to you pursuant to your express agreement to maintain the confidentiality of the Confidential Information.
- b) Except as expressly allowed herein, you agree to hold in confidence and not disclose any such Confidential Information except in accordance with this Agreement.
- c) The foregoing obligations shall not apply to the extent that Confidential Information:
- (i) must be disclosed to comply with any requirement of law or order of a court or administrative body;
- (ii) is known to or in your or our possession prior to receiving the disclosure of such Confidential Information as documented by notes or records;
- (iii) is known or generally available to the public through no act or omission of you or us in breach of this Agreement; or (iv) is made available free of any legal restriction by a third party. The duties and requirements under this section shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- d) You hereby agree that any unauthorized disclosure of Africa's Pocket’s Confidential Information may cause immediate and irreparable injury to Africa's Pocket and that, in the event of such breach, Africa's Pocket will be entitled, in addition to any other available remedies, to immediate injunctive and other equitable relief, without bond and without the necessity of showing actual monetary damages.
23. PROHIBITED USES
Africa's Pocket imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Website and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Website or Service, including, without limitation,
- (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Website, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Website or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;”
- (d) using the Website or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services;
- (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or
- (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Africa's Pocket in providing the Website or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
25. SEVERABILITY; WAIVER
Africa's Pocket reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Africa's Pocket seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall:
- a) Clearly publish on the Website the fact an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the Website. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.